Thursday, December 2, 2010

A quote for you

As you've probably noticed I change the quote on this blog weekly. I have one Word file that is 27 pages long full of quotes plus various other smaller files devoted to quotes on specific subjects or people. I like quotes! Anyway this one is somewhat longer so I thought I'd share it in a post. I found this on a blog called The Happiness Project. It's an interesting blog and worth taking a look at.

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is a GREAT quote. I came to that realization a few years ago.

I am not ALWAYS inspirational or encouraging, but I am NEVER demoralizing. I find that I made a consciencous chose before responding to a situation on how I will respond. Sometimes I digress.

This quote is copy and paste worthy!

robin michelle said...

It is a great quote! Unfortunately I don't always keep the idea in mind but I'm working at it.