Sunday, December 12, 2010

More pictures

I took a bunch of pictures today so thought I'd add them as an addition to Silent Sunday. Although they do come with an explanation so I guess it isn't silent. Oh well.

The other night I went to the State Capital to take pictures of the official Christmas Tree. They didn't come out great because I just had my iphone and it doesn't do so well in the dark. I went back tonight and took more and they're a little better but not what I was hoping for. At least you can see the tree though - it's really pretty! I also took some pictures of a street with a bunch of leaves, my cats and some decorations.

After I left the Capital I went down by the river to take some pictures of the Tower Bridge. I love the Tower Bridge in Sacramento. It's my second favorite view here. I got some ok pictures (I'm not a great photographer) and walked for awhile which was nice. Then I decided I was going to get mugged so I left. Well hopefully not mugged but I was a little nervous. There weren't a lot of people around and two teenage boys came up and asked me for money. I said I didn't have any and they said ok and walked off but they were looking at my purse and camera and it made me kind of nervous. I walk fairly often at night and despite stories my siblings could tell you about barring doors, I don't scare all that easily. Just something about them made me decide it was time to go. I figure it's better to trust my instincts in that kind of situation!

Here's a few of the pictures and if you'd like to see the rest you can go to my Picasa web album and look at them.



No comments: