Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Pippin Story

Six years ago when Pippin came to live with me, he spent the first couple of nights sleeping curled up underneath my chin. He was scared and I guess it felt safe to him. I tell him this story - kind of like telling your kids about when they were born - and I know that he understands me. I know this because almost every time I tell him the story he'll try to sleep underneath my chin that night! Really, truly I am not making this up!

The last week or so my upper back and neck have been hurting. I think I pulled a muscle in all the driving I did last last weekend. Anyway it was getting better until I made the mistake of telling Pippin his story last night. The first picture is the less than 2 lb kitten who originally slept underneath my chin. The second is the 14+ lb cat who repeatedly attempted to sleep there last night. Which is why my neck hurts a lot this morning!



2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, that IS funny, but not.

I tell Jack the story all the time of how we met and I KNOW he understands and he tells me with his eyes "Thank you for rescuing me from Doggie Jail" and it breaks my heart to think he was there.

robin michelle said...

Oh that's sweet! I hate seeing the animals in cages at Petsmart when I go there. I know they are taking care of them and trying to find homes for them but it's so sad to see them like that. They really are in jail until someone comes along to love them. Jack is lucky you found him!