Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Poetry

As you'll have noted in the side-bar, April is National Poetry Month. I thought I'd share a poem with you and then, this is how it works folks, you'll all share a poem! Not in a comment, please do a separate post and indicate who you are. Thank you!!!

This has been one of my favorite poems for years & is still one that I remember. Quite a feat actually - I used to memorize poems but I'm getting old & senile and have forgotten quite a lot that I used to know. This is short though & easily remembered.


Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Robert Frost


Robin

No comments: