Thursday, April 24, 2008

One Final Poem

One final poem for you in honor of National Poetry Month. This one I didn't have to copy & paste because I know it by heart! Why do we say we know something by heart? That is kind of an odd phrase isn't it? Oh well

All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

From the Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
Written by Bilbo Baggins for Aragorn

An interesting note. I went to Amazon to get a link for the book and when I searched, the first thing that came up in the search results was the movie. Mind you (I used to have a boss that said that & I always liked it), I loved the movie but the book is far, far better (read it if you haven't already done so). I don't know if the search result is a sign of popularity or price - since the book costs less than the movie - or just a fluke. I found it interesting though.

By the way, speaking of hobbits. Did you know that a hobbit comes of age at 33? Next year, 2009, Jill will be 33. Jill is a hobbit - furry, distrustful of technology, loving the land. Consequently, there will be a huge birthday party planned for her 33rd birthday to celebrate her coming of age. Everyone is invited so be sure and hold that date. Well I'm not sure what the date will be yet but hold it anyway. Just as an incentive, hobbits do not receive presents on their birthday, they give them away to their guests. I think Jill is a bit worried about that part.

I've only seen one person, aside from myself, post. Where are you people? Let's get busy - I want to see posts from other people. I have so many boring subjects in my head that I could write about - I'm sure some of you can come up with something more interesting. And as an additional threat, remember that I have Jill. Now that the IRS audit is off her mind, all I have to do is suggest pretty much any topic, sit her in front of the computer and you'll be reading some esoteric treatise on plants or language or worse. POST!

Robin, the lonely blog mistress
(who wouldn't be lonely if more people posted!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blog Mistress:
Are you sure Luittle baby Jill will be 33????? As it seems like only yesterday I had to help change ner smelly diapers!!!!!

Uncle Bill from obscure state

Anonymous said...

Whoops:
Should read little instead of luittle and ner should be her.

Anonymous said...

It is pretty astonishing that she'll be 33. You guys should start planning your trip down here for the party. You have over a year to get ready!

Anonymous said...

rmt:
How do you know we would be coming down there if we live in an obscure state we could be coming across to there or up there.

Anonymous said...

What can I say - I'm a good guesser!