Thursday, November 29, 2007

Better than never late...


So what am I supposed to say? This feels like the cyber equivalent of being at a wedding and staring down the nose of the video camera with nothing to say. "Good luck on your new life together" is unoriginal and boring. So instead I just talk and talk and say nothing of any interest, and end up on the videographers cutting room floor (so much for my acting career). As I sit now and try to be clever enough to make the cyber cut, I am watched over by the latest addition to our household, Jasper. Jasper is a small grey kitten of about five months. He joins our three-year-old Alice (also a cat for those who were all of a sudden wondering why they didn't hear about a new baby), who is, at times, less than thrilled by her new friend. Jasper has a tendency to follow Alice around and jump up and down around her every minute of the day. That's a big change from Alice's previous feline companion Fred, her brother who passed away a couple of months ago quite unexpectedly.

Well, now that you are all familiar with the four-legged members of the family, I should also mention that there is a woman who lives here as well -- Kiko. Formerly my girlfriend and currently my wife, Kiko is the least frequent visitor to the house, with a job that keeps her busy all day long and often takes her to such exotic locales as San Diego, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Orange County and (when she's really lucky) Phoenix. Kiko (not her real name) works for the March of Dimes and runs all their program activities for the State of California (hence the exotic travel schedule). She may shortly be leaving said job for greener pastures -- longer commutes, less traveling and less money. Woohoo! No, seriously, it's good news.

As for me, I'm about to enter the fifth year of running -- along with my curmudgeonly business partner -- California's preeminent marketing and communications consulting firm serving the healthcare industry. For those of you who just have to know more, get some professional help, but first visit our website at  www.wideanglecommunications.com . And, if you happen to be the CEO of a medium to large size hospital, give me a call. The business is doing much better lately thanks to the addition of some outstanding associates (a blatant plug for the blogmaster--is that's what you're called?), and lots of clients paying us lots of money.

On another note, I'm working hard to develop my photographic skills. Now that I have a ridiculous amount of professional photographic equipment (and a brace of vicious attack dogs for those would-be burglars), I am working hard to schedule portrait sessions with friends and acquaintances. I just finished a wedding shoot for a friend of mine in Southern Utah (Zion National Park), and some portraits of another friend's kids. For those of you who want some portraits done, strike now while the iron is hot and I am still cheap (read free).

I'm going to save my philosophical ramblings for another day, but thanks for reading this brief intro. I'll see you all in the funny papers. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! I'm a little concerned about this Kiko person. How come she is hiding out under an assumed name?

CMTM said...

It's to bad that you don't have a sister with 4 children 2 of whom have virtually no family pictures with them included. I'm sure she (and her poor deprived children) would love some pictures taken.
I'll let you know if I think of a sister that fits that description.

CMTM said...

Oh by the way the new kitten is adorable.