Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Reading Blogs

I don't know how many other blogs you all read. Based on readership here, probably not many! Anyway, you may not be aware that there is a blog on just about any interest you have. Here are a few examples:

For our tea loving readers:
Bigelow Tea
Nice Cup of Tea
Uniquely Tea


Perhaps Webkinz is more your cup of tea (that was cute!):
Webkinz Insider
Webkinz Insider (different site - same name)
Webkinz World


Cats:
The Way of Cats
Catster Blog
Cats & Cat Health


Books:
BookForum
Littera Scripta
Powell's Books Blog

In my Google Reader I have 14 broad categories of blogs. Very broad - they could all be easily expanded. My point here, aside from wanting to write a post, is that you can find a blog on most anything that interests you. It is a great way to keep up-to-date on subjects, learn more about something and find out what other people think.

Now that I've piqued your interest I'm sure you are all wondering how you go about finding a blog on the weird subject you're interested in. There are two ways. One is to use a search engine. Go to Google Blog Search and type in whatever your subject is & click search blogs. You'll probably get a lot of results. One problem is that you'll find many, many blogs that mention your subject but aren't devoted to it. Another search engine for blogs is Technorati. It's a pretty cool site that can give you more focused results.

Or if all that sounds to complicated you can take the easy way out. Post a comment here and say, Robin I know you are bored and need something to do. I challenge you to find me 3 blogs focused on my esoteric interest. No guarantees but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to. Bear in mind, however, that I'll post those results. So if you have some really embarrassing interest that you don't want to share you can email me privately & anonymously. I have no idea how I can respond if it's anonymous but I'll give it a shot.

I should warn you that reading blogs can be addictive. Within my 14 categories are 232 blogs that I read. Not daily - many don't publish every day. Some I just skim or look at the pictures (stitching blogs in case you wondered!).

Robin, the lonely blog mistress

No comments: