Monday, February 25, 2008

Words of Wisdom

Those of you who know me well, or even just a little, probably know that I’m a big Johnny Cash fan. Since I’m pretty brain dead (I think it’s my job doing it), I thought I’d share some words of wisdom from Johnny Cash songs with you. Take them to heart or think I'm nuts, I'm ok with it either way.
  • There's something in a Sunday that makes a body feel alone.
  • But we'll all be equal under the grass, and God's got a heaven for country trash.
  • I won’t back down. You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I won’t back down.
  • Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out.
  • Don't go mixin' politics with the folk songs of our land.
  • Well, they're bound to get you, cause they got a curfew, and you go to the Starkville city jail.
  • Learn to hoist a jack and learn to lay a track, learn to pick and shovel too.
  • Well first you gotta want to get off, bad enough to want to get on in the first place.
  • Then cowboy change your ways today or with us you will ride, trying to catch the Devil's herd, across these endless skies.
  • Now I taught the weeping willow how to cry, and I showed the clouds how to cover up a clear blue sky.
  • Don't take your guns to town.
  • Man turns his back on his family well he ain't no good.
  • You're a big mouthed woman, you're a long-legged guitar pickin' man.
  • Lay off that whiskey and let that cocaine be.
  • We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout, we've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the fire went out.
  • Love is a burning thing, and it makes a fiery ring, bound by wild desire, I fell into a ring of fire.

And last, but certainly not least, the ultimate words of wisdom from Johnny Cash:
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time, I keep the ends out for the tie that binds, Because you're mine, I walk the line.

Note: Please look at the rate this blog icon on the right hand side. If you will all rate the blog (highly please) our number will increase!

Robin

No comments: