Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hope you don't have Blue Cross!

This is really incredible to me. Blue Cross of California sent physicians a letter asking them to review the application their patients submitted for insurance & report if there were any pre-existing conditions discovered that were not noted on the application. If so, Blue Cross can cancel coverage for that individual. You can look at the article about this in the Los Angeles Times. There is a pdf of the actual letter on their site. You also might want to check out the blog post about it at Junk Food Science.

I'd say more but I'm just to annoyed. I'd really like to hear what other people think! I know that insurance companies aren't in business for our health, I know it's about profit, etc., etc., so don't tell me I'm being naive. I just find such blatant efforts at cost-cutting appalling. Anyway if you have a choice, I wouldn't go with Blue Cross. Then again, maybe none of the choices are that great. . .

Robin

No comments: