Thursday, February 7, 2008

Maria Shriver

I found this link on a blog to Maria Shriver's endorsement speech for Obama & just finished watching it. I hadn't seen it earlier but if I had I wouldn't have needed to listen to Stephen to convince me to change my vote to Obama. Aside from who she is, I don't know much about Maria Shriver. I know some of you are probably gaping at me, but you have to understand that when I'm not diligently working away at my job, my mind is thinking about the 16th century or wishing myself back to London. Consequently I miss a lot.

I was impressed with the speech she gave. I don't know how preplanned it was but it came across as spur of the moment. I was trying to figure out what it was that fascinated me about her speech and could only come up with one word: charisma.

The wikipedia definition: Charisma is often used to describe an elusive, even undefinable personality trait that often includes the seemingly 'supernatural' or uncanny ability to lead, charm, persuade, inspire, and/or influence people.

I would include the ability to connect with people. That's what Maria Shriver was doing while she spoke. Look at the people in the audience. Yeah they were there for Obama but it is Shriver they are responding to. She didn't really say anything that hasn't been said before it's just the way she said it.

If you haven't already done so, watch the video. Tell us what you think. Am I becoming gullible in my old age or do you agree with me? I'm thinking California should have a female governor. Perhaps Governor Shriver for 2011? Check out her first lady website and click on the seal in the upper left. It is interesting to read about. Then post and tell us what you think!

Robin

No comments: