Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Revenge is Sweet

I'm sure you would all have to agree that I am a kindly, easy-going person who never lets things bother her. I'm hearing a lot of laughing right now and am just going to ignore it. Anyway, even though I am such an easy-going person, every once in a while I do get annoyed at a person or an organization. Generally I do nothing about this and console myself with the thought that if I wanted I could get even. Quite easily. You see I have a secret weapon named Jill. It has always been my theory that sending Jill to talk to someone would be an extremely severe punishment, one from which they would probably not recover. Bear in mind this is not because Jill is an evil, mean-tempered person. She really is a kind, easy-going person. However, as any of you who have spoken with her for any length of time know, she can talk endlessly on most any subject. One simple question can lead to a 3-hour monologue. I have refrained thus far from using her as a means of revenge (I believe I mentioned what a kind soul I am), but the time has come.

Through no fault of my own, I and everyone else in the United States is going to have their revenge against one of the most despised organizations around: The IRS. Yep, I did say the IRS. In their infinite wisdom (did I also mention I'm a bit sarcastic?), the IRS has selected Jill for a random examination. She received a packet of papers today requesting that she call and make an appointment to come in with her tax records for the last three years. Not to embarrass Jill, but I think when I wasn't working I made more than she has in the last three years. I'm assuming she really was picked at random but I have to wonder why, once they looked at her returns, they bothered sending this request. They want to schedule a preliminary 3-hour interview to review her records. Three hours! This is going to take three minutes which means that for the next two hours and 57 minutes, the IRS will be forced to listen to Jill talk.

We don't know yet when her appointment will be but I think it is safe to say that at some point within the next 30 days the IRS as we know it will cease to exist. Personally I'm quite happy about this as I'm pretty sure it means I won't have to pay taxes. The entire IRS infrastructure is going to collapse. Just imagine what a difference this will make to the country and your pocketbook!

Seriously though, this is really incredible. Jill is very upset and worried, she seems to think she's going to end up in IRS prison. I started laughing when I read the letter. I couldn't help it, I really find it quite hilarious. You'll notice that I'm not signing this post. That would be because I don't want the IRS to know who wrote those mean things about them.

No comments: