Sunday, October 8, 2017

Welcome Back

It's been a long time! I've decided that I'd like to start keeping my blog again. I'm sure people have been waiting with barely concealed patience for this day. Well at least I haven't lost my sarcastic sense of humor.

There have been a lot of changes since my last post. I've moved twice, started a new job, lost some people (not through death) I didn't want to lose, lost some people (again, not death) I did want to lose (at least in retrospect), found some people that I wish I hadn't and found other people that I'm very glad to have found. I turned, I can hardly bear to say it, 60 in July. My cats turned 13 in August. They are doing pretty well. Pippin was diagnosed with kidney disease in 2014. His kidney values go down a bit each visit (every six months) but he is in good health and I hope that it will continue to progress slowly. As I tell him frequently, he is the love of my life and I just can't imagine being without him. Mellifera is healthy and grouchy but mostly sweet.

The outside changes are not as important as the inside ones (except when I look in the mirror). I have found that, along with Winnie the Pooh, I am braver than I believed and stronger than I seemed. And, while I may be stronger than I thought, I'm also vulnerable in ways I hadn't realized.

I feel how Frodo Baggins must have felt when he said: "How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold."

I'm on the edge of  creating a new life - one that I want - not one I'm trying to live for other people.  It's scary. There are many days when I want to crawl under the covers and never come out. Mostly I don't though.  Soooo.... join me as I begin a new journey!

Lest you've forgotten, or never knew, what my cats look like, here they are!




4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I've thought of you often..seen you of FB a bit. But I don't really do FB. I'm glad you came back to the blog community. It's so much more personal and not just a fleeting cryptic sentence left for readers to think "what the hell is she talking about". Sorry for your kitty, but old age catches us all at one time or another. I'll be 66 on Saturday. Just another day.
xx, Carol

robin michelle said...

Hi Carol! I'm glad to be back. I've missed blogging. I know what you mean about Facebook. I remember when I thought 66 was old. . .I guess since the only alternative to getting older is death, it isn't so bad to age. Thanks for commenting - I'm glad someone is out there!

Robbie said...

Well, I have you both beat! I'm getting ready in a few months to hit 71! Yikes...glad your life is on a new journey! Time to enjoy it!!!

robin michelle said...

Thanks Robbie! 71 doesn't sound old anymore! I follow a Facebook page called Growing Bolder that shares stories about people in their 80's, 90's and some over 100, who are still enjoying life. I figure after 60 years it is time to have fun!