Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Seeing Red

I didn't forget about my blog - I've been sick. My doctor decided it was a sinus infection, which I have to admit I thought at first. I've since decided it was the flu and I am lucky to have survived. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I went to work today - it's the first day I've been out since last Thursday. I did make a short trip Saturday to pick up a prescription but I don't think that counts. I was barely aware of my surroundings. Anyway, I am finally feeling better and back!

Today I'm going to post pictures of red things. I got this idea from a book I'm reading, A Paris Year: My Day-to-Day Adventures in the Most Romantic City in the World by Janice MacLeod. She mentions a book called Paris in Color by Nichole Robertson, a photographer who picked a different color each day to photograph.

Sadly, I am not in Paris and my surroundings aren't as interesting, but I decided to pick a color and see what I could find at home and on my drive to work. As you likely guessed from the post title, today was red. I'm sad to say I didn't see as much red as I thought I would and it was mostly kind of boring stuff. But it's what I see most days and it was fun. Although I'm probably lucky one of the pictures isn't the red lights of a police car pulling me over! I'll be more careful next time I think. In a couple of days I'll choose another color and try to organize them a little better. I'm pretty tired out now though.

Red roses at mid-left. A little hard to see!





















2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm trying to get over that bug. It's going around and absolutely wiped us out. It was hard to stay awake for days. We are all still stuffy and coughing. The news anchors have it too.

I LOVE your red couch, rug and microwave. I'd love to jazz my living room up with color. It would be some shade of blue/green mix. I'm pretty sure I would not see a lot of red around our neighborhood. your co-worker's door is fun. I decorated like that when I worked. Hopefully their door is decked out like that for Halloween, lol.
xx, Carol

robin michelle said...

Yeah a lot of people at work are sick. Or will be since I went in and spread germs around! Blue/green would be nice. It makes me think of mermaids!