Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Thoughts

Yoda is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. I thought I'd share some wisdom from him today. And this reminds me that I used to have a little plastic Yoda. I don't know what happened to him, I'll have to look around!

Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering.

Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

Yes. A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not.

Named must your fear be before banish it you can.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?

Secret, shall I tell you? Grand Master of Jedi Order am I. Won this job in a raffle I did, think you? "How did you know, how did you know, Master Yoda?" Master Yoda knows these things. His job it is.

To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.

Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.  

  
 

No comments: