Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had an exciting New Year's Eve! I certainly did. I spent the evening doing some beading, cuddling with my cats and reading a french mystery book (not in french!). Pretty exciting isn't it. Actually I had a very nice time. It was relaxing and peaceful. Mostly quiet except we heard fireworks at 9:00 pm. The cats didn't like that all. By the time they recovered it was close to midnight and the noise started again!

The mystery I read is called Murder in Montmartre by Cara Black. It's been on my bookshelf for quite awhile. I was looking for something new to read yesterday and thought I'd give it a try. It was a great story and the most exciting part is that it's part of a series which means I have a lot more to read! This was the 6th in the series so I'll go back to #1 now and read them in order. If you like mysteries set in Paris I'd recommend this series.

So that was my New Year's Eve. I suppose it could have been more exciting but I was happy. Today however will be, um ok, boring I guess. I'm going to go to the store, clean my kitchen and then bead. Well that doesn't sound all that boring. I'm feeling lazy though and don't want to go out!




1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sounds like a fine way to spend New Years. The older we get, the less we want to go out. Its nice to be quiet...we don't get that much around here right now.

I've been slicing fabric and sewing.