Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Thoughts

It's been a long week. I spent part of it at a web training class in San Francisco which was great but tiring. I got home Thursday night and worked Friday. My daughter and her boyfriend had been staying here with my cats and they left yesterday afternoon. I read awhile after they left, had some dinner and went to bed early.

Today, for the first time in almost a week I feel relaxed and like I'm home. It's quiet, my cats are resting and I'm just playing on the computer. Both cats have wanted a lot of cuddling since I returned. Usually they each spend some time cuddling with me everyday and I think they are making up for the days they missed. It's nice though. I'm always awed at how affectionate they can be. It seems so amazing that they are willing to share themselves and be vulnerable to humans.

So there you have my Sunday Thoughts! It's a lazy, quiet day and I'm pleased and happy to be here.




  • Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties. ~W. L. George
  • The cat is domestic only as far as suits its own ends... ~Saki
  • There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.~Albert Schweitzer
  • I am the cat who walks by himself and all places are alike to me. ~Kipling
  • If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.~Mark Twain 
  • The smallest feline is a masterpiece. ~Da Vinci

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

A quiet Sunday afternoon. I don't remember what that is. But, Laurie is looking for a house to rent so perhaps pretty soon!!!!

I never thought about an animal being willing to be vulnerable to us, but you are so right. And I am so glad that I have never let them down.
xx,
Carol

robin michelle said...

Pretty soon you may be missing the hectic Sunday afternoons!

In some ways they seem more vulnerable than children. You can talk to children and help them understand things.