Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

I was thinking about what to post today when I read this article. Terminally ill woman to stay in foreclosed home until she dies. It's a bit trite to say it made me realize how lucky I am but it did. It made me cry also. I feel so sorry for these people. I don't have anything else to say today, so I guess I'll get on with my fairly comfortable, healthy life. It did make me think of this poem.


Love Does That

All day long a little burro labors, sometimes
with heavy loads on her back and sometimes just with worries
about things that bother only
burros.

And worries, as we know, can be more exhausting
than physical labor.

Once in a while a kind monk comes
to her stable and brings
a pear, but more
than that,

he looks into the burro's eyes and touches her ears

and for a few seconds the burro is free
and even seems to laugh,

because love does
that.

Love Frees.

~ Meister Eckhart ~

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This poem is my favorite of any you have posted. I wonder if your heart is lighter than it has been just a while ago. I hope your thoughts continue in this direction.

Merry Christmas

robin michelle said...

Oh good - I'm glad you liked it! I did cheer up and in a way I was glad I'd read the story. Merry Christmas!