Friday, December 16, 2011

My Christmas Tree!

For the first time in my entire life I bought and decorated a Christmas tree by myself! I was going to do it last weekend but kept putting it off. I guess it's silly but I didn't want to pick one out by myself. Finally this afternoon I went out, found one, drug it into my apartment and decorated! And I only cried a little. Not really from sadness just because it's something new and feels a little scary. Putting on ornaments that bring back memories was hard too. I can sometimes get sentimental over Christmas ornaments. Anyway I had a nice evening decorating and listening to Christmas music. I'm trying to figure out why I know all the words to the 12 Days of Christmas and it's one of my least favorite songs!

One of my cats keeps circling the tree looking for something to pull off. The other is totally ignoring it. She managed to get some tissue paper from me and ripped it up. I think that exhausted her for the day. This whole tree thing exhausted me! My neck aches and I'm tired. I think it's time to curl up like a cat and rest!

Still wrapped up and recovering from my attempts to pull it out of my car and inside the apt.

Wrapping removed and ready for decorations! I was afraid it would be hard to get it into the stand by myself but I didn't have a problem. The guy at the tree lot told me to leave the wrapping on until I got it situated in the stand. It was good advice and worked perfectly!

Decorated! I don't have a top yet though. The top I brought with me to use is too small. Ignore the mess in the background!

I have a bunch of these little bells. I bought them last year at Target and I really like them. They are pink, purple and silver. My mother collected bells so they remind me of her.


Shoot I forget what these are called. Anyway my daughter embroidered this one year. I tried to get a good close-up because it's so pretty.

This is a bird I embroidered for my daughter when she was two years old.

Every year my daughter has had a new ornament for the tree. This is the first one when she was only 6 months old. It's my favorite.

Last but not least, and now I'll probably cry again, this is one of the crocheted ornaments that my Mom made one year. I have six of them and they are special to me.

2 comments:

Peruby said...

Beautiful tree and beautiful memories. Thank you for sharing.

I don't have a single thing up yet.

robin michelle said...

Thank you! Well you still have a few more days. I've known people who don't put anything up until Christmas Eve!