Monday, December 5, 2011

Ah well

Monday again. . . I had such a nice weekend. I don't know why weekends always have to end the same way - going back to work. I did a lot of stitching, went to a booksale, cleaned, read, walked and cuddled with my cats. What more could I ask for! I only spent $12 at the booksale and ended up with 9 books. Not a bad deal. I was going to get my Christmas tree but decided to wait until next weekend. I'm going to get my ornaments out of storage then so I might as well wait and not have a mostly empty tree sitting around for a week.





I haven't had a Musical Monday for awhile so here's one for you. Baby the Rain Must Fall sung by Glenn Yarbrough. The video says it's a tribute to Steve McQueen. I thought the quote was interesting: "...every baby boomer honestly believes that the average woman would rather sleep with a dead Steve McQueen than a live Ben Affleck." GQ

Now I'm pretty sure I'm a baby boomer and I don't believe that. Steve McQueen just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know who Ben Affleck is so I looked him up. I guess he's cute but again, doesn't do much for me. Now if it were Cary Grant definitely. Or Pierce Brosnan. Or Martin Sheen - I've been watching West Wing and for a fairly old guy, he looks pretty good! Anyway, here's some music to brighten up your Monday.

2 comments:

Peruby said...

The only one out of the bunch I like is Pierce. Rawr!

robin michelle said...

He is adorable!