Friday, January 7, 2011

Reading Challenges

Here's a quick update on where I am with my reading challenges. When I finish each book I'll post a review and link to the appropriate blog.

Vintage Mystery - Starting Whose Body by Dorothy Sayers tonight!

To Be Read - I was going to read them in the order listed and I've actually started Giving Their Word by Steven Ratiner but it's going to be a slow read for me. Meanwhile I jumped down to The Emperor of Ocean Park by Stephen Carter. I started reading Monday night and I'm  283 pages into the 824 page story. I love long books and I'm finding myself thinking about the story at work and wishing I could be reading!

50 States - I still don't have my list complete but I'm starting with Alaska (I was going to go alphabetically but I found this book...). I'm reading a book called The Last New Land: Stories of Alaska Past and Present edited by Wayne Mergler. It contains stories, poems, memoirs, and folklore about Alaska. I had intended to read a mystery set in Alaska which would have been a nice fast read. Then I was at the library and saw this and now I'm stuck. . . oh well it's a good book! 

No comments: