Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My New Cookbook

I've been collecting old cookbooks for a long time. I have a lot that belonged to my mother and some that belonged to my grandmothers. I don't cook anywhere near as much as I used to (which is probably good) but I still enjoy the cookbooks. My daughter and her boyfriend got me a really cool one for Christmas. It's called The Ford Treasury of Favorite Recipes from Famous Eating Places. It's from 1955 and was compiled by the Ford Motor Company for travelers. The pictures in it are wonderful so I thought I'd share some of them. Some I just picked at random, but I've been to a few so I included those! I've been to The Nut Tree, Cliff House, The Palace Hotel, and Anderson's Pea Soup Restaurant.








4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Robin!!
I'm still around..adjusting right now.

Wow, I saw the book and didn't read the compentary until I looked at the book. I was thinking how cool. Such a nostalgic book. Then I read 1955. Need book.

robin michelle said...

Well I'm glad you're still around! I hope the adjusting goes well. It's a cool book isn't it!

Peruby said...

My Mom collected cook books (and pamphlets). That one would have been a sweet catch. I have never been to any of those places. :(

robin michelle said...

Well there's still hope you can get to some of them - I think a lot are still around! It's a great cookbook. One of these days I'll have to share some of the other old ones I have. I know I have stuff from the 40's and 30's. I think I have a pamphlet from 1920-something.