Thursday, November 11, 2010

BJP! BJP!

I've posted here before about the Bead Journal Project that I participate in but just wanted to remind everyone that registration for the 2011 BJP began November 8th and goes through December 8th. If you're interested you can click here for registration info. If you think you might be interested but haven't done bead embroidery before, check this video from my beading friend Lisa at Indigo's Beads. It's a great introduction!

I have to post this and try to encourage people to join because I'm a promotion angel for the 2011 project! Very cool and impressive isn't it? I get to do blog posts to encourage people to register. Well it may not sound exciting but I like it! Anyway here's one of my projects from last year. See how I've managed to sneak in both poetry and history. Pretty clever of me wasn't it!


This was based on the poem Whoso List To Hunt by Sir Thomas Wyatt and on the necklace Anne is wearing in this picture. The poem was written by Wyatt for Anne Boleyn. I did this project for May - Anne was crowned Queen of England May 29, 1553 and executed May 19, 1536. I am deeply enamored of British history and particularly the Tudor era. Anne Boleyn has always been my favorite of Henry's Queens.

Whoso List To Hunt
by Sir Thomas Wyatt

Whoso list to hunt, I know where is an hind,
But as for me, alas, I may no more.
The vain travail hath wearied me so sore,
I am of them that farthest cometh behind.
Yet may I by no means my wearied mind

Draw from the deer, but as she fleeth afore

Fainting I follow. I leave off therefore,

Since in a net I seek to hold the wind.

Who list her hunt, I put him out of doubt,
As well as I may spend his time in vain.
And graven with diamonds in letters plain
There is written, her fair neck round about:

Noli me tangere, for Caesar's I am,

And wild for to hold, though I seem tame.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

slick!!
But then, you are creative by nature, in the most unique way.

robin michelle said...

Thank you Carol!