Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So far so . . .

I believe the next word is good but I'm not sure it applies! I'm making some progress toward my upcoming move but I'm beginning to worry. I decided to use some boxes for small items so I've done a little packing. Drawers I figure can just be carried over as can large items. I emptied out all my bathroom cupboards, packed the stuff in a box and then realized I needed something at the bottom of the box. Took everything out and repacked. Wow this is fun. Tomorrow night I'm going to empty most of the kitchen cabinets into a few more boxes and I think that will be it for packing. After that it's just going to be many, many trips back and forth. My biggest problem, as it is anytime I move, is partially shown in the 2nd picture. I say partially because that's just a small part of the books I have. For some reason I can only get people to help me move once. After they've lugged boxes and bags of books I never see them again (the people, not the books). It's good though, new people I can always find. Books on the other hand, are irreplaceable! When I left for work yesterday I suggested to my cats they could do a little packing while I was gone. The last picture gives you an idea of their interest level in helping. Oh well, their little claws would just tear things up anyway.






3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't envey your move! You need a grocery cart!! Plop the books in, move the case, put the books back! At my house it would take more time to dust them,, than move them! Even stacking them on a two wheel cart would work. I have a ton of ideas, but that's only because the solution is probably in Terrys garage ~lol~ I just take it for granted that we have whatever we need hiding in that garage.

If I was there, I'd help you.

Peruby said...

Ah, yes. I learned when I moved to name the box ANYTHING but BOOKS. Let the person picking it up be surprised when it was a little heavier than "stuffed animals" should be. Yeah. I was real popular with my family and friends. LOL! Good luck.

robin michelle said...

Carol - I think you're right, a grocery cart would simplify things. I do have a small wheeled cart that I could put a box on, load up & push over. I think I'll try that! Goodness I wish you were here to help!

Peruby - Well I didn't think of mislabeling the boxes! I'll have to remember that for the future!