Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm moving!

But only 74". Since I moved here the apartment across from me has been sporadically occupied. The last tenant lived there about 4 months and due to work probably spent 2 weeks in the apartment. I met him on the day he moved out because he was never around! Anyway my apt. manager asked me last week if I was interested in moving over to that apartment. It's a one-bedroom like mine but is set-up differently. It has a separate dining area and a little more storage space. So I looked at it, decided I liked it and am going to go ahead and move around the end of the month.

Aside from a little more space there are some other things I really like about it. It has a security screen door so I can get fresh air and let my cats look outside. It has one more window than I have now. I think, I'm not positive, that the patio is a little bigger. A couple of things that I tentatively like but am a little nervous about are that the bedroom window and the patio face the street. It's a pretty quiet street and I don't mind street noise anyway but I'm just a little nervous about security. The nice thing is the cats can sit in that window and have a lot more to look at then they do now. Overall I think I'm going to be happy with it. Not that I've been unhappy with my current apartment - I love it but I think this new set-up will be good.

The only bad thing is I have to move everything! I'm going back and forth trying to decide whether to be organized and put stuff in boxes or just cart it all over in lots of small trips. I'm leaning toward some boxes because I think it'll make things go faster. Hopefully the weekend I move will be cool but I'm not optimistic!



View of my soon-to-be front door! That's a pizza flier stuck in the screen. They come around and stick these fliers on doors every week. It's awfully annoying.



View from my current front door to the new one. It's a very short move! The window you see is in my new dining area. The blinds are open a little and every time I walk past lately I peek in!

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I would get one of those rolling carts, load it up and roll it over to the new place. Makes for lots of trips, but heck, look how much excercise you'll get!

I think you'll like the new place. If your neighbor hood is good enough to live in the back, the front will be better.

Peruby said...

Congrats on your new digs! Good luck with the move and the new place. Even if it is just across the way.

robin michelle said...

Thanks both of you! Carol, a rolling cart is a great idea! Life just seems to keep pushing me towards exercise. . .