Friday, September 25, 2009

Sacramento

Well I'm finally getting around to writing about my apt hunting trip! Overall it was fun and not too scary. I looked at lots of apartments and narrowed down a couple of areas where I'd prefer to live. Fortunately there are a lot of rentals available right now so I think I won't have a problem. There were a couple I liked but they were pretty basic, boring apartments and I was hoping to find something with a little character. There are some great victorian houses there that have been divided into flats so I'm going back next week to look at some of those.

It was kind of fun to be driving around and thinking "I'm going to be living here soon." It felt sort of lonely at times but I think I'm going to be ok with it. The hardest thing was looking at the size of the apts! I'm living in a house right now that's about 1600 sq ft and an apartment looks so small in comparison. Guess that means more stuff I need to get rid of which is good!

4 comments:

Peruby said...

Ohh. A Victorian house! Now, that's got character! If possible post pictures. :)

Andrea said...

Sounds very exciting! I'm all for mixing things up a bit. Best wishes!

~~louise~~ said...

To this day I remember my second "first" apartment. Like you, I wanted one with character. "A Room with a View."

It's just around the corner, you'll see:)

robin michelle said...

Thank you all for the comments! I know I'm not the first one to have ever done this but it's sure nice to hear from other women who've done similar stuff. I'll post pictures after my next trip & hopefully have a definite place picked out by then!