Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Going Home

I mailed my landlady a 30-day notice a couple of hours ago. Since then, instead of the panic I expected to feel, I've been feeling something that I haven't felt in a very, very long time: peace of mind. Actually I'm not sure I've ever felt it before but it sure feels nice.

I first started going to Sacramento on a regular basis in 1991. My daughter and I went every year for awhile to the now defunct Spirit of Cross-Stitch Festival. From the beginning I always had this thought that I'd like to live there someday. And I guess I'm really going to do it now. I've spent much of my life ignoring that little voice in my head. Well this time I'm listening to it and it's telling me that this is really the right thing to do, that it's where my future is, where I'm going to be happy. I feel like I'm going home and it feels good.

I'm a great quote collector and one I like is Leap and the net will appear. I certainly hope that's true because I still need to find a job and a place to live. Although I have a pretty good fabric stash, I suppose I can always stitch one up fast!

This is a clip of Going Home from Dvorak's Symphony No. 9, From the New World which is one of my favorites. I like bagpipes!

5 comments:

Paul said...

I think you will be happy Robin. I'm real glad you feel good & are committed to change. Guess I wasn't listening well to how strongly you wanted this. It's good you decided to listen to yourself instead! Love you lots honey.

Paul said...

Forgot to say I like the music clip. I like bagpipes also!

robin michelle said...

Oh thank you Paul. It means a lot to me that you understand. Love you too! xoxoxo

Andrea said...

Peace of mind is the key. Everything will fall into place now. How exciting for you. :)

robin michelle said...

Thanks Andrea - I'm pretty excited!