Monday, January 5, 2009

StumbleUpon

I've read a bunch of stuff about StumbleUpon & finally got around to signing up & trying it. A warning: if you like finding new sites & wandering around the Internet you may become hooked! This is great fun & a little time-consuming! It's pretty easy to use. You sign-up, choose your interests from a list and start stumbling. I installed the toolbar and when I click Stumble, it brings up a new site based on my list of interests. Some are weird, boring or just plain stupid. Others are fascinating and useful. If you like the site you can lick I like it on the toolbar and it saves it on a favorites page for you. Just to whet your appetite, here are a few of the sites I've found.

Sharon b's stitch dictionary
Mysterious Places
Pooktre tree shapers
Phobia guide
UFO casebook
Stop, you're killing me
Petra, lost city of stone
Cliche finder
Poe stories
Grimm's fairy tales (Rapunzel is my favorite)

I could go on and on (and on and on and on!) but I guess you get the idea. Try it - it's fun!!

Robin, the lonely (but not bored) blog mistress

No comments: