Monday, January 19, 2009

Cambridge

Well I wanted to embed this video but it won't let me. Anyway this is about the beginning celebrations to mark Cambridge University's 800th anniversary. 

Cambridge was founded in 1209 and is the 2nd oldest university in the english speaking world. Anyone care to guess the first? It has produced more nobel prize winners than any other university. Some former graduates are Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking and Charles Darwin. Two more fascinating facts: I've been there! I actually walked around and touched the buildings! And I've been to a lecture by one of its most notable graduates, Stephen Hawking! Pretty cool isn't it? 



2 comments:

Deni said...

Stephen Hawking...that was the guy and the lecture you went to...and the one I asked you about on xmas :). Ever heard of Rupert Sheldrake?

http://www.sheldrake.org/B&R/audiostream/index.html

Anonymous said...

I have heard of him but don't really know anything. Thanks for the link!