Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Thankful

My blogging friend Andrea had an A-Z list of things to be thankful for on her site and I thought it was a neat idea so I borrowed it! Before I start my list I'll share the thing that I'm most thankful for today: I have a job!!! I'm very excited! I had my second interview last week and they called today to offer me the job and I start on Monday. I'm going to be the Office Manager for a non-profit organization that promotes solar cooking. It's a pretty cool organization and I love what they do and am excited about being part of their work. It's also very cool that it's located 3 blocks from where I live! I've never worked so close to where I live - I'll get to walk to work every day which is wonderful! So onto the other things I'm thankful for!

Anne of the Thousand Days (my favorite movie)
Bead Journal Project
Cindy & Coleen (my sisters)
Dad
Embroidery
Flowers
Glasses (cause I don't see well without them)
History
Iphone
Jill (my daughter)
Kiko (my sister-in-law & friend)
Libraries
Mellifera (my cat)
Needles
Orange Juice
Pippin (my cat)
Quiet
Reading
Stephen (my brother)
Time
Unicorns
Velvet
Walking
Xerox (cause it's fun to make copies & x words are hard)
You - everyone who reads my blog!
Zig-zag (it's easier than straight lines)

2 comments:

Peruby said...

Congrats on your new job! That is great news. My daughter just landed a job too. Maybe things are looking up for the economy?

Good luck!

I'd like to learn about solar cooking. Is that anything like frying an egg on the sidewalk? LOL!

robin michelle said...

Thanks Peruby! Congratulations to your daughter - that's great! I think things are slowly beginning to get better. I sure hope so anyway.

Solar cooking is pretty cool. Sort of like the egg on the sidewalk only you have a little oven for it to direct heat. I haven't tried it yet but I really want to!