Saturday, January 2, 2010

Notes from the Universe

Quite a while ago I signed up for daily emails from the Universe. You may wonder how this is possible and who the Universe is. Well as to how it's possible, that's quite easy. You go to TUT's Adventurers Club and sign-up. Who (or what) the Universe is I'm not exactly sure. Anyway it sends me these emails and some of them are pretty inspiring. It can be a little confusing because some have led me to believe I didn't have to do anything - just sit back and The Universe will handle everything. So I tried that for awhile and it didn't seem to work. Then upon re-reading I realized that there may be some work expected of me. I'm a little sad about that but I guess it's ok. I save the emails I really like and I thought I'd share a few of my favorites from last year. Just remember that while they may sound good to you these were addressed to ME. Don't try appropriating my Universe notes!

One of the things I've learned from witnessing civilization after civilization after civilization, Robin, is that one should never underestimate the profound resiliency of the human spirit, nor how swiftly things can change for the better - often overnight.
Swoosh -
The Universe

Robin, the Chinese say, "The best time to plant a tree was always 20 years ago. The second best time is always today." Funny how planting trees and taking action on the life of your dreams are the same that way.
The Universe

Act with faith, Robin. Prepare the way for your inevitable success. To the degree you can, behave as if your dreams have already come true, as if you already owned a iphone, as if later today you were going to be a writer. And you shall see the power you wield as the floodgates begin to tremble, the elements begin to conspire, people in your life begin to change, insights are summoned, comprehensions soar, and clarity is born. Not to mention fierce, wild animals laying down when you pass by -
The Universe

But Robin, what if you did have the power, the reach, and the glory? What if you were given dominion over all things? And what if eternity lay before you, brimming with love, friends, and laughter? Yet still, one day, in all your radiance, bubbling over with giddy excitement, you tripped, fell, and got hurt - really hurt. Would you give up on all of your dreams? Would you hate yourself? Would you forget life's magic and promise? Or would you shrug it off, look ahead, and exclaim that it's "just a flesh wound"?
Touché,

The Universe

If you can just remember where this is all going, Robin, no road will be too bumpy, no night will be too lonely, and no price will seem too great. Plus, with just a wink your confidence will bring peace to nations.
Careful now,
The Universe

Yes, Robin, you can have whatever you want. ANYTHING you can imagine. You name it. It's yours. Done deal. Zip, zap. Bing, bong. Ka-pow.
Oh, but you have to go get it. K?
I'll help,
The Universe

What if, Robin, you first got to decide how you'd like to feel - happy or sad, hurt or mad, approving or jealous - and then I had to go out and rearrange all the people and circumstances of your life to make it so? You'd like that, huh? You'd choose happy, eh?
Done.
Yeah, 'mon,
The Universe

Now let me get this straight, Robin: You want things that you don't yet have, people in your life who you don't yet know, and events to take place that haven't yet occurred, so that once these "things" come to pass you'll feel happy, confident, and fulfilled; accomplished, desired, and appreciated; treasured, adored, and like one bad mamma jama, a beautiful sight to see? But... wasn't that your rationale for all the other stuff you wanted, that you now have?
Whooohoooooooo!
The Universe

Did you know, Robin, there have been a lot of decisions you've made and followed through on, under the most trying and difficult of circumstances, that have actually become textbook examples of taking the "high road" for wannabe rock stars here in the unseen? And we've sold tons of "your book,"
The Universe

I've got a feeling, Robin, that 2010 is going to be your kind of year. That you'll be happier than you've ever been, laughing harder, smiling wider, standing taller, walking lighter, dancing crazier, hugging longer, living grander, loving louder, and if you want, selling the pictures to a tabloid to raise money for your new charity.
Can you feel it, too?
The Universe

Actually I guess I'll share the last one! I wish the same thing in 2010 for everyone reading this!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Great posts! I especially like the Johnny cash clip. You really are amazing you know. It isn't just words Robin. I know you have a hard time believing but you made substantial changes last year that you're holding onto. I'm real proud of you honey. xoxoxo

robin michelle said...

Thank you! xoxoxo back to you!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you're willing to share the last one...it's my favorite! Happy New Year!

robin michelle said...

It's a pretty good one & I'm counting on it for everyone! Happy New Year!