Monday, June 15, 2009

Musical Monday

My Uncle died a couple of days ago. He was 54, just a couple of years older than me. I have a lot of memories of him but the ones that always come to mind are of him playing the guitar. My daughter plays the guitar also and I've gone to some performances with her. I was always struck by the difference in the way players approach playing. Some are really intense, almost pained looking as they pluck out each note. Others are very casual, not looking at the guitar even. Some cradle their guitars like a lover seeking just the right tone. Dave's guitar was an extension of him, in some ways a mix of all styles, but more than that. It's difficult to imagine him without a guitar, it wasn't something he played, it was who he was. Even I, who am not particularly musical, could tell he had talent. So today's Musical Monday is dedicated to Dave - he was the quintessential Guitar Man.

2 comments:

Peruby said...

I am very sorry for the passing of your uncle. I enjoyed the video, always a favorite song of mine.

robin michelle said...

Thank you - I appreciate the thought.