Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Juicy Story



I've been meaning to post this for awhile & kept forgetting. Ok, you all see the juicer in the picture above? So how this works is the fruit goes in the tube at the top (which I sort of cut off in the picture) and the juice comes out. The question is where does it come out? Not something I was very concerned about in the beginning as you'll see.

We have an orange tree out front that was loaded with oranges and a couple of weeks ago John and our neighbor picked a bunch. I decided I'd use the juicer and squeeze them so we could have fresh oj. After cursory examination of the juicer I decided the juice would come out into the large blue thing on the left. I thought that made perfect sense so I put the oranges in, turned the juicer on and all that ended up in the blue thing was pulp. I'm standing in the kitchen telling Jill & John that the juicer doesn't work well and John says "there's juice all over the floor." Apparently the juice comes out that teeny, tiny little, hardly noticeable spout on the right side. So I had squeezed probably a cup or so of juice that went all over the floor. Aside from the sticky orange juice all over the counter and floor it was actually kind of funny.

So what do you all think? Where should the juice come out? I still think it should go into that big blue thing!

No comments: