Sunday, May 17, 2009

Are you feeding the right wolf?

I found this story on the Awakening Women's blog & really liked it.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, “My son,the battle is between two “wolves” inside us all.
One is Evil.
It is anger, envy, jealousy,
sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
self-pity, guilt, resentment,
inferiority, lies, false pride,
superiority, and ego.

The other is Good.
It is joy, peace, love, hope,
serenity, humility, kindness,
benevolence, empathy, generosity,
truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
“Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied,
“The one you feed.”

I'm afraid I've been spending a lot of time feeding the Evil one. What about the rest of you?

3 comments:

Deni said...

I think I'm getting better at feeding the right wolf. But I have my days, for sure. Especially lately with Neko gone. BTW, I don't know if you're interested in paranormal phenomena but there is a good blog at http://deanradin.blogspot.com/

robin michelle said...

I'm sorry about Neko. Don't give up hope though. Cats have been known to disappear for a long time & then turn up ok. Thanks for the link!

Deni said...

Thanks, and you're right! A friend told me she had a cat who would leave for months at a time & still return :0).