Thursday, March 6, 2008

House-isms

Some thoughts to brighten your day from the witty Dr. Gregory House:

  • Just a warning: if we have to start getting ‘consent’ every time we do a procedure, soon it’ll be ‘informed’ consent they’ll want.
  • My malpractice insurance doesn’t cover alien autopsies.
  • People don’t learn; people don’t change. But you did. You’re a freak.
  • I’m a jerk to everyone. Best way to protect yourself from lawsuits.
  • You’re right about me being wrong and wrong about you being right.
  • To do what I always do in these situations. Treat my patient behind his back and make him better.
  • If you want fair, you picked the wrong job, and the wrong profession. And the wrong species.
  • I became a doctor because of the movie Patch Adams.
  • Because she’s got way more diagnostic experience than the other swimsuit models I was considering.
  • Pretty sure there’s no irony-body connection. But it’d be ironic if there was.
  • The simple answer is: if you don’t try, you can’t fail. Are you really that simple?
  • By rush, I meant fast. Stat's the word you doctors use, right?
  • Are you comparing me to God? I mean, it's great, but so you know, I've never made a tree.
  • Arrogance has to be earned. Tell me what you've done to earn yours.
  • That was awesome. I gotta start pretending to care.
  • Loss of free will. I like it. Maybe we can get Thomas Aquinas in for a consult.
  • Thanks. I was running short on platitudes. You can leave now.
  • I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual.
  • Everything's conditional. You just can't always anticipate the conditions.
  • Which is why it's going to be so cool when I turn out to be right.
  • Is it still illegal to perform an autopsy on a living person?

Robin

No comments: