Sunday, March 16, 2008

Favorite Quotes

I think I’ve mentioned a time or two that I love quotes. I’ve been collecting them for years and they come in pretty handy when I have nothing to say! Since my mind is kind of blank lately, I thought I’d share my favorite ones with you. I decided to limit it to 10 and was afraid I’d have a difficult time with that. Surprisingly (at least to me), I didn’t. Despite the many others I have, there is just no contest – these are my absolute favorites. I actually do have a number one favorite, any guesses? Anyway, I’d love to hear what your favorite quotes are. Post them!!!

I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details.
--Albert Einstein

There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.
--C.S. Lewis

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
--Voltaire

I wanted to see London the way old people want to see home before they die.
--Helene Hanff

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Things do not change. We change.
-- Henry David Thoreau

Fear not for the future, Weep not for the past.
--Percy Bysshe Shelley

We have left undone those things which we ought to have done, and we have done those things which we ought not to have done.
--Book of Common Prayer

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
-- Elizabeth Stone

Robin

2 comments:

Deni said...

These are very good...I love quotes too. Here's a few favorites...enjoy!

"One cannot soar on high like an eagle in life with the wings of a peacock"


"Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty." ~ John Lennon

"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." ~ John Trudell


"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." ~ Thomas Moore

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died."

"Science is just a complicated way of explaining the obvious."

"I give thanks everyday that I've been able to take my craziness and make it work for me." ~ Fritz Scholder

Anonymous said...

Great quotes Denise - thanks for sharing them!