Monday, September 10, 2012

Not my best walk

I went to the park today for a walk. The walk was a good idea but the location didn't work out so great. There's a small lake and I thought I'd walk around it. As you can see from the pictures, there are a lot of ducks and geese. Aside from the worry that a couple of them seemed to want to attack me, their droppings make walking on the path a little difficult. You have to continually look down and watch your step. I tried walking on the grass but it's even worse because it's harder to see! Also the path is very uneven in spots and I felt like I was walking sideways. I made it around the lake though and got a few good pictures.

Returning to my car I pushed my little electronic opener to unlock the car, got inside and went to put the key into the ignition. There was no key. This isn't a regular size key, it's a large one, with a heavy black top so I don't know how I missed that it was gone. I searched through the car, I walked back over the grass to where I was when I took my keys from my pocket, I looked around my car. Nothing. I sat in the car for a few minutes wondering what I was going to do. I have a spare key at home but it was too far to walk so I finally decided I'd have to call AAA. I thought I'd take one more look around the grass before I called. When I got out of the car I realized I hadn't looked underneath it. Yep, there it was, lying near the back tire. I don't know if I dropped it before or after my walk but I was very grateful it was there!

Anyway it was a beautiful day and despite the path and lost key I had a pleasant time. After retrieving my key, I sat in my car and read for awhile and that made everything better!










3 comments:

Crazy Mama said...

i like the ducks and the ponds, but the all the poop is gross. i remember going to a cute little pond one day with one of my babies and a friend. i wanted to leave immediately when i looked down and the ground was covered in crap. nasty. and, i've also had my car key fall off my ring, but i was at the grocery store. lo and behold it had fallen off somehow right beside the car, i'm assuming on my way in. thank God it was still there when i came back out. glad the reading made your day better.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The Canadian Geese actually contaminate the ponds in this area. They stay all year now because of all the retention ponds in the area for subdivisions and such.

You had the perfect resource to calm your trial.

Let's see what you can get into NEXT time ~lol~
xx, Carol

robin michelle said...

Lisa - sounds like your pond adventure was as bad as mine! It's amazing how lucky we can be sometimes when it comes to finding lost things. I know I felt lucky yesterday!

Carol - I can see why the geese would make the ponds bad! I think I like nature at a distance, it's much cleaner! I'm going to walk on my clean neighborhood streets for awhile.