Sunday, September 16, 2012

If This House Could Talk

There are a lot of pictures today! I live in a neighborhood that has a number of old homes that were built in the early 20th century. If This House Could Talk is a community project that began today and lasts for a month. Residents were invited to participate by putting up a sign in front of their home that explains a little about its history.

Today was the kick-off day and there was a small street fair and a home tour. I didn't do the home tour but I had a lot of fun walking around and looking at the signs. It was nice to find out about houses that I walk past all the time! The street fair also had a bunch of antique cars which I really liked!

Here are a few of the houses and cars. I didn't see all of them today but over the next month I'll be walking around and taking more pictures. This is just the first post about the houses! I think that at least once a week I realize how pleased I am to be living in this neighborhood. I think it's one of the nicest areas of Sacramento!























2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This a a great community project and especially cool that so many are participating. I always wonder about some of the old houses in our area. I have heard stories, but I wasn't born here so I'm sure there is so much more to know.

Crazy Mama said...

what a fantastic idea! this is really a neat community project. i think the more people get familiar with the area, the homes, the people, etc. the more interest they will take in keeping the community spectacular because it will be so much more personal to them. just my thoughts.