Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day however you choose to spend it! I'll be going to my sister's house so that means I don't have to do much work!

A few days ago I read a post on The Conscious Cat blog about the Thanksgiving ABC list she makes every year. I did do one of these a year or so ago but Thanksgiving seemed like a good time to do it again.

A - Anne of the Thousand Days - I know I used this last time for A but it's my favorite movie & I'm thankful for it!
B - Beads & books
C - Computers
D - Dreams
E - Embroidery
F - Family
G - Google Reader
H - Health - I recently had some tests done that, happily, came out negative. I'm quite thankful for that!
I - iPhone
J - Jill - my favorite daughter (my only child so she really had no competition!)
K - Kindness
L - Libraries
M - Mellifera -my cat
N - Night - I like nightime
O - Olives - cause I like them!
P - Pippin - my cat
Q - Quilting
R - Robin - that's me! I'm thankful for myself!
S - Serendipity
T - Trees
U - Unicorns
V - Vacation!
W -  Work - with so many people unemployed I'm glad I have a job
X - Xanadu - from Coleridge's poem "In Xanadu did Kubla Khan, A stately pleasure-dome decree." I remember my mother reciting that & I'm thankful for the memory.
Y - Yeats - I like his poetry.
Z - Zaftig - I'm thankful for the word. It means having a full, rounded figure. I'm definitely zaftig & I like the sound of the word!

I was going to dress my cats up like this for the day. Then I looked at their claws and decided it was a bad, bad idea. I've seen pictures of cats dressed up. I guess their owners are braver than I am!




No comments: