Saturday, August 13, 2011

LOTR!

Hopefully you all know what that stands for! Lord of the Rings! I'm going to my Dad's house tomorrow to watch the blu-ray extended version. It's 11-1/2 hours. I doubt that we'll get through all the movies tomorrow. Last time we ended up just watching the first two and then going back later for the third.

It should be a nice day though. He has a giant tv with a great picture so it's better than being at a theater. Lots more comfortable, better food and it's free!

LOTR is my favorite book and my second favorite movie(s). I've seen the movies, I don't know, maybe 10 times. I've read the book probably 20 times. My brother and sister-in-law will be there also. My brother is as big a fan as I am but he has a better memory (only because he's younger). Anyway he tends to remember lines better than I do but for an old person I do pretty well. Here's a few of my favorite lines from the movies:

Aragorn: Are you frightened?
Frodo: Yes.
Aragorn: Not nearly frightened enough. I know what hunts you.

 ****
Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?

 ****
Aragorn: If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...

***  
Frodo Baggins: We are Hobbits of the Shire. Frodo Baggins is my name and this is Samwise Gamgee. 
Faramir: Your bodyguard? 
Samwise Gamgee: His gardener.

***
And last but not least, my favorite clip from the movie. I tried to embed this but all the versions I found on YouTube have embedding disabled so if you want to listen you'll have to click on the quote below and go to YouTube!

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day may come when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of woe and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down. But it is not this day. This day we fight. 

This day we fight.


No comments: