Thursday, August 4, 2011

Random Update

I've been away from this blog for quite awhile for various reasons. One has to do with the snake song I've posted about before. Maybe this time the lesson will stick. . . Anyway, I think I was getting a little bored with blogging. Right now I'm feeling ready to start again but I'm not sure what I want to say. It felt like life was getting pretty boring and I had little to say before. So is my life still boring?

Well sort of. Somewhat less interesting than it was three weeks ago, but calmer and more hopeful. Definitely a good thing! Work is um, interesting. Things are somewhat in a holding pattern until after this weekend when I will say more, hopefully positive stuff. 

Saturday I'm going to a solar cooked lunch. Actually I'll be working at it. The organization I work for is providing a solar cooked lunch for volunteers who clean at a local park. 8 am Saturday will find me loading lasagna and brownies into my car for the lunch. I'll try and take some pictures to post. It's kind of cool to see the cookers all set out.

That's about all for now. I'm leaving shortly to drive to Stockton to pick up my niece and take her to the airport. Her flight leaves at 12:30 am. I have no idea why she booked a flight at such a horrid hour. Probably cheap.

Here's a cool site that I found if you like poetry & pictures!

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Robin
Nice to see you post. I just can't into the FB community. I'd like to see pic of the solar cookout. I have wondered how solar cooking works, but admittedly, not enough to google it. lil lol~.

Perhaps your life is not boring. . more like mine which I prefer to call routine. I've had a break from blogging too. Work is crazy and the chnge I had in work load makes it almost impossible to connect during work hours except on lunch break. I needed to wean myself from the cyberworld a little anyway.

Have a great weekend.
Carol

Peruby said...

Welcome back! It is true. If you don't feel it, you can't blog. Sometimes I find that once I start typing I can't stop. The feelings just come pouring out. Good luck!

robin michelle said...

Thanks both of you! I've missed posting and it feels nice to start again.