Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Walking, Sculpture & Trees

About a month ago I found a very cool blog, the Newton Booth Neighborhood Blog. The reason I like it so much is because it's the neighborhood I live in and I thought it was incredibly cool that my neighborhood has it's own blog! A short distance from where I live there is a traffic circle in the intersection. I'm fascinated by it and usually go that way when I drive because I like driving in a circle. It reminds me of roundabouts in England! I read in my neighborhood blog that they were going to be installing a sculpture in the circle on Monday. I checked Monday afternoon when I walked but they were still working on it so I went by again yesterday and took some pictures of the finished installation. I think it's pretty neat looking. I thought the circle looked nice originally because it had a bunch of flowers in it but now it's very distinctive. I got some pretty good pictures although I had to stand in the middle of the street to do it! The last two pictures are just trees in my neighborhood. I loved the way they looked when I first moved here covered in beautiful leaves but I like them like this also. A time for everything I guess. Goodness, words of wisdom I need to listen to!











No comments: