Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Reading/Libraries

I decided to keep track this year of all the books I read and how often I go to the library. Pretty exciting isn't it? I got this idea from another blog I read - librarian.net. I thought that at the end of each month I'd share my list. Admittedly this is a couple of days past the end of the month but that's ok. It's my blog and I can do anything I want.

For January I read nine books and visited the library four times. I know, neither one are very impressive statistics. In my defense I should point out that four of the books were over 300 pages. I didn't visit any new libraries in January. The McClatchy branch 2x, Belle Cooledge once and the Central library once. I'll do better in February. I want to visit all the Sacramento libraries this year - there are 28 - so I need to get busy.

Here is my list of books read in January:

Fall of the Templars - Robyn Young
Talking About Detective Fiction - P.D. James
Brethren - Robyn Young
Faithful Unto Death - Caroline Graham
Necessary As Blood - Deborah Crombie
Crusade - Robyn Young - 2nd in the series
Richard & John: Kings at War - Frank McLynn
Library: An Unquiet History - Matthew Battles
Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Years ago I did the same thing because way too many times, I'd get a new book only to realize I'd already read it! Unfortunately, I don't read nearly enough anymore so keeping track is not a problem. Nine in a month? Dang girl...I didn't even finish one! My bad!