Thursday, February 4, 2010

2 cat walk

I made two new friends on my walk today, both of them four-footed. The first was the black cat you'll see below. She came running across the street to see me, rolled over to be petted and promptly bit me. A little later in my walk I heard a loud meowing and looked up to see a cat on the roof of an apartment building. We chatted a few minutes and I assured him it looked like he could easily get down. He seemed disbelieving and I started to get a little worried. I wandered around the building and knocked on a couple of doors but no one answered. Finally as I was trying to figure out if I could climb up there, a guy came out and asked if he could help me. I pointed out the cat and explained that I was worried he couldn't get down. He said the cat belonged to someone in the neighboring building and was up there all the time. Thus assured, I continued on my walk feeling only slightly silly. Given that my cats meow like they are being murdered when nothing is wrong, I should have realized the cat was fine and just figured I looked like a gullible human.

I also went to a new library today! The Arcade library is a nice branch and I found a movie and a couple of good books. They have a nice computer room set-up and I liked the way you walk down into the entrance.



Just some bare trees I saw. I thought they looked nice.


Lots of camellia bushes are blooming all over. These are two pretty ones.


This was kind of like walking through a forest. It's hard to tell from the picture but you feel kind of isolated from the street when you walk through this area.


My cat friend trying to convince me he was stuck.


A close-up of him.


Isn't she pretty!


I posted a picture of these trees when they were full of leaves. They are really pretty now with the branches bare. I thought the color on them was beautiful.


The Arcade library entrance.

No comments: