Saturday, December 5, 2009

Scratching posts & catnip

My cats have 2 small scratching posts and a cat tree. When I moved I was going to bring the cat tree but for various reasons it hasn't ended up here yet. It, along with their small posts, are in a storage shed in the Bay Area right now. Don't worry that they have been deprived of an appropriate place to scratch though, they've made good use of my wicker baskets and couch. I decided yesterday that I needed to get something for them in order to salvage baskets & couch. Figuring it was cheaper to buy something small here rather than drive 200 miles round-trip, I bought a small cardboard scratching box today at PetSmart. It came with a small bag of catnip which I sprinkled on the scratcher. As you can see from the pictures, Pippin loved it! I sprinkled a little catnip on the blanket also which is why he's ecstatically rolling around there. So far Mellifera has ignored it but I think eventually she'll be out here - she loves catnip also. As you can see from the last picture, he hasn't lost interest in the basket. Oh well, I didn't really think it would work.







No comments: